Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Mr. Tharoor

Last year around this time,I volunteered to help out in an off-off broadway production.( I used to think 'off-off broadway' was a nasty adjective used by the snooty or the ignorant, now I know its an official term. Ouch.) Anyway the play and my life then is another post. This is isnt about it. Shashi Tharoor was the special guest of honour at the opening. Thats when I met him for the first time. I had devoured 'Great Indian Novel' and 'Show Business' by then, but you dont have to meet the novelist to read his novels. So that worked out.
Now as cliched and quivering-school-girl like as it sounds, he was spiffy.Very Stylish. Even Sexy in some strange way. Much to Mr. G's chagrin.
I live on his website now. Bookless in Baghdad next.

http://www.shashitharoor.com

4 Comments:

At 7:38 PM, Blogger Buchu said...

i once chaired a debate between him and jairam ramesh in college. he brought his mum along! she was slightly neurotic.

he IS very spiffy indeed. but he's also very glib. sometimes a bit too glib for his own good. but yep, he's a total charmer.

 
At 1:38 AM, Blogger the still dancer said...

errr..if it wasn't inappropriate for a first time commenter to display a weird sense of humour (or a lack of one), I would've added my eighty-six paise about the spiffy and glib and..and...and........ Mr. Tharoor.
Anyhow, here through the Harvard historian, hooked by the rising bashing, and will be back (said without a thick austrian accent)

 
At 2:14 AM, Blogger Bubbled said...

@kaashyapeya :
With all due respect to the poet(starving or full) I welcome comments (humorous or otherwise).
And about Mr. Tharoor, most certainly,especially at 2 AM on a friday morning, when I am just back from a rather interestingly chacteristic NYC eve.
Will talk more about NYC eve if provoked.
Anyway, its a free country(s) so talk, if you wish to do so.

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger edjackson12931215 said...

Click Here Now Mortgage rates as low as 3.95%
$150,000 mortgage for $494/mo. Other loan amounts available. Up to 4 lenders in 24 hours.
Save money Click Here Now

 

Post a Comment

<< Home